Chocolate and cookies are always at the top of my list when it comes to a treat meal, but if I can find a way to make a healthy version that still tastes great that I am all for it. I decided to experiment in the kitchen this morning and see if I could come up with a cookie that fits in with a clean eating lifestyle, and I must say I am very pleased with the result. Soft, moist peanut butter cookies. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour (or almond meal)
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder (optional – if you don’t have protein powder, replace with 1/4 cup oat flour or almond meal)
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp applesauce or baby apples
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
1. Heat oven to 180c (350f). Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. In a small bowl mix the egg whites, applesauce and vanilla essence.
3. Melt peanut butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
4. Add the peanut butter to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough into a baking sheet. Using a fork, gently press the top of each cookie.
7. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.