I tried making these fries for the first time today and they turned out perfect, soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside – even my son loved them. I will definitely be making these again!
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1cm fries
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- herbs of your choice – I used cumin, italian herbs, garlic powder, coriander and thyme.
- salt and pepper to taste
- sauce of your choice for dipping
1. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, herbs of your choice and salt and pepper into a bowl.
2. Place the eggplant fries into the flour then the beaten eggs and lastly into the breadcrumb mixture.
3. Place the eggplant fries on a baking tray sprayed lightly with cooking spray, make sure the fries do not overlap.
4. Bake at 220C (200 fan bake) for 10-20 minutes (depending on your oven) until golden brown.
5. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.