Healthy Brownie Recipe
Author: Tara Fulloon
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans or extract
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- ½ dark chocolate bar (If you want a sweeter taste, use milk chocolate.)
- ½ cup milk or milk substitute
- ¼ cup applesauce unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, combine the coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup, almond butter and chocolate.
- Stir until everything is well combined. Set aside.
- Line an 8x8 pan with a sheet of parchment paper leaving enough room for some paper to come out the sides. This will make the brownies easy to remove.
- Add the heated mixture to the dry ingredients and stir only until combined.
- Lastly add the egg and milk and stir until everything is mixed well. Be careful not to over-mix or the brownies can come out tough.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.Be sure not to overcook.
- Once the brownies are cooled, pull them out by grabbing the parchment paper.
- Cut into squares.
- Store them in a container in the pantry or the fridge. Keep in mind, if you store them in the fridge, they will harden slightly because the coconut oil will solidify. Enjoy!
Recipe by at http://www.inspirewomensfitness.com/healthy-brownie-recipe