These bars are great as a snack when you are on the go and are a cheaper alternative to store bought protein bars. I make up a batch once a week and have it as a morning snack with a piece of fruit. Enjoy!
1 cup oat flour (ground oats in a food processor)
4 egg whites
2 scoops of Chocolate or Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1/3 cup of stevia (if you dont have stevia, feel free to use splenda, truvia or any other sweetener you have on hand)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz berry or apple flavoured baby food
3 tbsp cocoa
4 oz water
1. Preheat oven to 175 Degrees Celsius (350F).
2. In a large bowl mix the oat flour, whey protein, baking soda, salt and cocoa until combined.
3. In a small bowl mix the egg whites, stevia, baby food and water until combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Spray 8×8 dish with non-stick spray & add the batter to the dish.
6. Bake for 25 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares
Serving size = 2 bars
Macros per serve (2 bars)
Fat: 1.4 g
Carbs: 12 g
Protein: 10 g
Note: These bars must be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container or zip lock bag.