- 1/4 cup stevia
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 2 scoops of protein powder (I used chocolate whey)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup stevia
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup milk (or milk substitute like almond milk)
- 1/3 cup or 1 4oz jar of baby food applesauce
- ¼ cup low sugar vanilla yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 175C (350F).
2. Mix stevia and cinnamon together in a small bowl & set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together the oat flour, protein powder, cocoa (optional), baking powder and salt.
4. In a small bowl mix the egg whites, milk, applesauce and yogurt until combined. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Spray 8×8 dish with non-stick spray and line with baking paper.
6. Pour a shallow layer of batter into the dish (about 1/4 of the batter) and sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon & sugar mixture.
7. Repeat with the remaining batter & add the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
8. Draw a knife through the batter to marble.
9. Bake for 24-28 min. Let cool for 10 minutes in the dish before slicing.
Makes 16 squares
Serving size = 2 bars
Macros (macros will vary depending on ingredients used)
Fat: 1 g
Carbs: 8 g
Protein: 5 g
Note: These must be stored in the refrigerator in zip lock bags or a sealed container.
Original recipe can be found here.