I have read so many posts from women that have stretch marks that don’t like how they feel about their bodies and are discouraged when it comes to weight loss. Whether you got your stretch marks from pregnancy, weight gain or puberty you cannot let small things effect how you feel about your body. I know some women are extremely self-conscious of their stretch marks, but that shouldn’t stop you from being fit and healthy! For those women who have stretch marks from pregnancy, I encourage you to read these two beautiful poems, it may just change the way you feel about your stripes!
Here is a picture of fitness model and figure competitor Ashley Horner. She has two beautiful boys and strives to make health and fitness a part of her every day life.
Many women want to know the best way to get rid of stretch marks. Unfortunately once you have them, they are here to stay. BUT there are ways that you can diminish the look of stretchmarks. Here I will name a few:
1. Laser treatment – this is the most effective but most costly procedure to reduce the look of stretch marks.
2. Microdermabrasion – this can be done at home and is cost-effective. You can purchase a pack of microdermabrasion crystals off ebay and combine them with cream or oil to make a scrub. You apply it every second day in the shower rubbing upwards in circular motions for 1-2 minutes.
3. Copper Peptides – This is also great for stretch marks but can be pricey. Skinbiology is one brand that sells a cream that contains copper peptides.
4. Vitamin E – Vitamin E is commonly used to diminish the look of stretch marks – you can buy it in cream or oil form. Pure vitamin E works best.
5. Shea butter/cocoa butter – These are great cost-effective methods. Try combining shea butter, vitamin e oil, jojoba and sweet almond oil to form a cream and apply it daily.
6. Nutrition – Eating clean healthy foods like fish, nuts, fruit and leafy vegetables can increase the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
Be the best that you can be, stay happy and healthy and learn to love your body, stretchmarks and all!