In my quest to try more meat-free meals, I decided to make zucchini cakes with the left over zucchini I had in the fridge. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised – even my 2 year old lapped them up!
Vegetarian Zucchini Cakes
Author: Tara Fulloon
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 2 Large Zucchinis (Grated)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs (I used panko bread crumbs)
- Herbs and spices of your choice for flavour
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 2 tbsp oil
- Grate zucchini and remove excess liquid from it by placing the zucchini between paper towels and squeezing. You may have to do this more than once.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Shape spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture into small patties. No bigger that 2 inches in diameter. Drop them into the hot pan cooking until brown on each side (about 2 minutes each side).
- Serve hot with a side of vegetables (I used sweet potato and kale chips).